This one took a while because I went through a period of a couple of months where I didn’t want to work on it. I got kind of bogged down in the center, it was all shades of the same color and the backstitching was really confusing–it makes sense when you pull back and look at the whole design, but when you’re working on one tiny fraction of it inches from your nose, it’s hard to see the forest for the trees. So I really needed to take a break from it for a while. Once I was done with that part, the rest was relatively easy.
This is a photo I took without the flash, so it’s blurry but the colors are truer to reality. I really like the alternating color scheme in this design.
The next cross is the Iona Cross, which has some fussy elements–French knots, single stitches that need to be individually backstitched, some blackwork design–but doesn’t look difficult.