I have completed my first week at the gym. I worked out a minimum of one hour every morning and managed to avoid seriously hurting myself. Here is what I have learned:
- My abdominals are surprisingly developed, albeit buried under a layer of fat.
- Bicycling kept my calves and thighs in good shape, but
- my arms and shoulders are weak as a baby’s.
- I have a freakishly strong back, unlike every other member of my family.
- Friday is the most popular weekday to blow off the gym.
- A breakfast of coffe and toast with jam leaves me shaking and weak; coffee and toast with peanut butter is sufficient protein.
- Old ladies will hog the recumbent bike like fat cops do bear claws.
- The thigh adductor is the most obscene-looking exercise machine ever invented, with the exception of this fictional (so far) one:
I feel pretty good. Sore, but a normal sore, not an OH GOD HALP sore. I expect that will gradually reduce while I acclimate to this level of exercise.